Dancing with a Healthy Mindset is a new initiative by Voirelia. This initiative focuses on the intersections between dance and psychology. Specifically, we are interested in:
- Raising awareness of the importance of psychological health in dance practice
- Exploring key ingredients for psychologically and emotionally safe dance practices, processes, and spaces
- Increasing community conversations about how psychological safety can be supported in recreational and professional dance by dancers, teachers, funding organizations, dance presenters, and others involved
- Learning what helps to strength authentic and mutually supportive relationships within different dance communities
- Increasing people’s capacities to enjoy, thrive, and meaningfully connect with others in whatever their dance practice looks like, from recreational to professional
- Building connections between dancers and psychologists
This is not an exhaustive list, of course.
We are interested in collaborating with other community organizations on this initiative. In September 2019, we will bringing to the Vancouver community a brand-new workshop on positive and mindful connections with dance practices.
Check this page often! Content coming soon, including blogs and vlogs with local and international dance artists, articles, research, and more! Coming soon: interviews with Ariadna Montfort, an independent dance artist and Gaga teacher (check out some of her work here) and Luc Jacobs, Senior Rehearsal Director of Batsheva Dance Company. You can find video’s of Luc’s previous dance works here.
Contact us if you have a background in dance and/or psychology and are interested in contributing to this project.
Our first blog post in this series, containing portions of an interview with Ariadna Montfort, a dancer, choreographer, and psychology student is in our Blog section now! Check it out there!